Meth (Methamphetamine) salt/powder:
Meth (Methamphetamine) treats attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Also used short-term, along with a low calorie diet, for weight loss in obese patients who have not been able to lose weight on other therapies. This medicine is a stimulant.
Effects of ice
There is no safe level of drug use. Use of any drug always carries some risk. It’s important to be careful when taking any type of drug.
The effects of ice can last for up to 12 hours 2, but it might be hard to sleep for a few days after using the drug.
Ice affects everyone differently, but effects may include:
- Feelings of pleasure and confidence
- Increased alertness and energy
- Repeating simple things like itching and scratching
- Enlarged pupils and dry mouth
- Teeth grinding and excessive sweating
- Fast heart rate and breathing
- Reduced appetite
- Increased sex drive 1,3,4,5
If injecting drugs there is an increased risk of:
- vein damage.
If sharing needles there is an increased risk of:
- hepatitis B.
- hepatitis C.
- HIV and AIDS.1
Snorting ice can damage the nasal passage and cause nose bleeds.
If you take a large amount or have a strong batch, you could overdose. If you or someone you know is having any of the symptoms below, call an ambulance straight away by dialling triple zero (000). Ambulance officers don’t need to involve the police.
- Racing heartbeat and chest pain
- Breathing problems
- Fits or uncontrolled jerking
- Extreme agitation, confusion, clumsiness
- Sudden, severe headache
- Stroke, heart attack or death 1,4,6