Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey
Gold Standard 100% Whey is a simple yet highly effective protein powder from Optimum Nutrition. This product is truly the Gold Standard of the fitness supplement industry and easily tops the list, having received a number of prestigious awards over the years.
It’s highly effective, and it’s among the best tasting whey protein powders available according to user reviews. This product uses high-quality ingredients in clinically proven amounts to create optimal results and performance
- Award-winning – Gold Standard has been named the Best Protein of the Year and the Best Supplement of the Year by Bodybuilding.com for 10 years straight!
- Uses a blend of 3 powerful whey proteins
- Contains 24g protein, 3g carbs and 110 calories per serving
- Contains 4g of glutamine and glutamic acid per serving
- Contains over 5g of naturally occurring BCAAs per serving
- Available in 20 delicious flavors
- Mixes easily with no clumping
- Excellent value
- Truly the Gold Standard for protein quality
- Sodium is a little too high
- Not gluten-free
What’s in it: One serving contains 24g of protein, consisting of a blend of:
- the purest form of whey protein.
- Whey protein concentrate (premium, ultra-filtered) – a high quality, balanced and quickly-digested form of whey protein, which gets to work fast.
- Whey peptides – the fastest-digesting form of whey available.
Combinations: Old-fashioned combination with a BCAA twist. We like how they kept true to being an authentic, standalone whey protein formula but made sure to also innovate by including whey peptides as a separate ingredient.
Quality: It’s not the one with the highest amount of protein per serving, but the combination of whey proteins help accelerate muscle growth.